gorgan last edited by
For the most up-to-date version of the rules, please refer to our website at https://shardsofbritannia.com/about/rules
The following is current as of 9/8/2021
Shards of Britannia Rules
By playing on Shards of Britannia or participating in a communications outlet designated for Shards of Britannia, you are agreeing to the rules as they are stated on this page.
There may be some scenarios not covered by these rules yet and because of that the rules are subject to change at any time. You are responsible for keeping yourself informed of the rules at all times.
We aim for a thriving inclusive community without toxicity and it is by that standard the rules will be enforced.
These rules apply both to in-game chat and to the official forums, chat rooms and wikis.
Legends of Aria Terms and Conditions
- By playing on Shards of Britannia you also agree to the Legends of Aria Terms and Conditions
Account Liability, Guilt by Association
- You are personally responsible for all actions that happen on your account(s) even if someone else is using it
- Being associated with other players that are caught doing something against the rules may be subject to have your account reviewed as well. If you are friends with someone that you know is abusing something or that may have the potential to be benefitted from, the best thing to do is make sure issues are reported and encourage everyone to play fair for the welfare of the project
Bug Abuse, Exploiting
- Blatant abuse of bugs or knowingly abusing bugs or circumstances that give you an advantage that normally wouldn't exist is strictly prohibited and considered toxic behavior
Third Party Software Tools
- The use of third party software tools that inject into the client, modify the client, access information from the client that would not normally be accessible, are strictly prohibited
- The use of macroing utilities like AutoHotKey, JitBits Macro Recorder, LoU Helper or similar applications is allowed
Unattended Macroing, Resource Harvesting/Gathering
- Unattended gameplay is disallowed for the following cases:
- resource harvesting/gathering
- PVE, killing monsters & gathering gold
- Macroing for skill-gain or crafting items is allowed
- While resource harvesting/gathering, you need to be available at all times to have a conversation with a Counselor or Game Master if they appear next to you (don't make us add captcha)
Multiboxing, PvP & IP Restrictions
- Using multiple accounts simultaneously, also known as multiboxing is disallowed for:
- resource harvesting/gathering (you should only be actively harvesting on one account at a time)
- PVP combat or other PVP actions including but not limited to Stealing
- Using multiple accounts as spycams is not allowed
- Attempting to circumvent IP address restrictions is strictly forbidden
- Selling, buying, trading of in-game goods or services anywhere for real world goods or services is prohibited. No real money transactions. This includes digital currency.
- Selling, buying, trading of in-game goods or services anywhere outside of the server or the game is prohibited. No cross-server/game transactions.
Character Names, Discord Name
- Names that are sexually explicit, homophobic, racist, or discriminatory are prohibited
Please note, the rules below apply to both in-game and our Discord server, unless otherwise stated within the context of a single rule
- Hate speech or speech that is otherwise harassing, homophobic, threatening, sexist, racist or about real life illegal activities is not allowed
- Spreading the real life world information on any player or staff member (doxxing) is strictly prohibited, regardless if it takes place outside of the game and official discord
- Game-related 'shit talking' is no longer permitted within Discord. Please engage in this activity via direct messages, your own Discord servers, or simply fight it out in game. What constitutes 'shit talking' remains at the discretion of the Shards of Britannia staff
- Advertising, promoting or soliciting any form of service or product is not allowed with the exception of in-game Shards of Britannia services and items such as player vendors. This includes advertising other games or servers
- Impersonating Shards of Britannia or Legends of Aria staff either in-game, in discord or elsewhere is not allowed
Staff will not discuss player incidents or actions taken against accounts in chat, in-game, or otherwise. Questions or comments about player incidents or actions taken against accounts in public channels will be subject to moderation/removal. If you wish to discuss a matter involving the rules please Contact Us